This is the weekend when all of the work with the Cobra kit car manufacturers is going to pay off. The long three day Memorial Weekend is something that you have enjoyed in the past, but this year is going to be extra special. The Cobra kit car cost was likely more than you should have spent, but you know it is an investment that you will enjoy for years to come.
A muscle car may not be everyone’s dream, but if you want to make sure that your dream car gets noticed you might want to make sure that to spend time looking at one of the options that are offered by Cobra kit car manufacturers.
Whether you are interested in having a high performance driving experience or you are looking for a unique investment opportunity, there are many road and track options. Consider some of these facts and figures about the high performance auto industry and the popular Cobra and Shelby kit cars that are available:
- For average races there are three basic kinds of tracks: short, speedways, and super speedways that range from 0.5 to 2.5 miles long.
- Although they weighed almost 500 pounds less than Chevrolet Corvette, Shelby’s original AC Cobras were designed to be “Corvette-Beaters.”
- Even though Cobras are known for weighing much less, some racing cars or roadsters can weigh up to 3,400 pounds.
- With the weight down to 2,360 pounds compared to 2,620 pounds, the Lightweight version of the Cobra debuted at the 1990 Geneva Salon. Its power was up to 370 hp at 5,750 rpm.
- With a low estimate to appease insurance companies, manufacturer’s advertised the horsepower of the Shelby Mustang GT 500 as 335. The actual horsepower, however, was close to 400.
- Between the years 1962 and 1968, Carroll Shelby built 654 small-block Cobras and some 350 big-block versions.
It has been a long winter and there are many car enthusiasts who are looking for ways to make sure that this first long weekend of summer is one to remember. One way to make sure that you are able to really enjoy this long three day Memorial Weekend is to have a sweet ride to drive around town or across the country.