There are many ways that you can travel when you are going to be going cross country or some sort of long distance. From airplanes to cheap charter buses to rental cars to trains, there’s no shortage of options; it really just comes down to what is most convenient for you and your co travelers. The only problem comes when it’s a method of travel that works for you but not the person you are traveling with. Before you book your trip, you’ll have to take a look at several ways to get there and different modes of transportation for while you are there and see which one is agreeable to everyone. Let’s look at just a few of the few pros and cons of each of the above methods of travel and see which one suits your fancy. It’s a good idea to lay out the advantages and disadvantages before presenting them to your group. This is what this article is intended to do for you.
Airplane Travel Pros
- Air travel is the fastest form of traveling that is available as of right now.
- Statistically speaking it is also the safest.
- It is convenient as far as not having to worry about directions and traffic.
- It’s harder to get motion sickness compared to other forms of travel.
Airplane Travel Cons
- The airport can be a real hassle to get through and you have to be careful about what you are taking through security.
- Travelling by air is sometimes very expensive, especially when you have to book it last minute.
- Any obstacles with the aircraft or weather can cause hours or even days delay.
Chartering a Bus Pros
- Cheap charter buses are available on very short notice, usually.
- It’s the best way for a large party to travel without anyone having to be the driver or the leader.
- Without having to be the driver, you’ll have more time for yourself.
Chartering a Bus Cons
- Cheap charter buses can sometimes feel a little rickety and dirty if they are not well maintained.
- You still have to travel to the and from the pick up and drop off locations.
- If traveling alone with children or pets or luggage, it can be a little bit of a hassle trying to get on and off the bus.
Renting a Car Pros
- Once you arrive at your destination, you will still have your own transportation.
- If you book with your airplane ticket, you save a lot of money on bundled deals.
- No maintenance required, you know the car is reliable for long distance driving.
Renting a Car Cons
- You will need a way to pick up the rental car.
- If you aren’t also purchasing any other accommodations, rental cars can get pricey.
- If you are under 25 or do not own a credit card, this option may not be available to you.
Train Travel Pros
- Sit back, relax and let someone else take you to your destination.
- Trains are relatively fast, compared to buses or other forms of travel.
- If you are planning to travel overnight, there is the option of getting a bed on the train so that you are well rested.
Train Travel Cons
- They aren’t widely available in some areas, you’d have to make sure the route is going where you need to be.
- If you get motion sickness easily, you’ll have to get a forward facing seat and if there aren’t available you’re out of luck.
- There is no in seat entertainment available even on a long trip.
With all of these points in mind, you’ll be able to better determine if cheap charter buses or airplanes or another choice will be the one you will take. Of course, you’ll want to take in to consideration those who are traveling with you, if you aren’t going alone and take into account their preferences and needs. You may find that even a big group may be better off renting your own bus or van or somehow combining two or more of these options. For example, you could fly to your destination and then rent a car once you get there. Or perhaps you could take a train there and get the bus home, or the other way around. Whichever you choose, there is no right or wrong way to go about it; there’s just what is convenient and economically efficient for you.